Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Students are asked to read an original peer-reviewed scientific article from a scholarly journal in the field of nutrition and health.
Weight Loss Program.pdf
Answer the following questions after you read the entire research article:
1. Who is/are the author(s)? What credentials do they have listed if any?
2. What is the title of the study?
3. What journal is this article get published?
4. When was it published? Is it current enough (it is current if it is published within past 5 years)?
5. What research design is this study? i.e epidemiological, case study, animal study, clinical trial etc. Refer to your text Figure 1-5 to read upon more on more if needed. Research type usually can be found under “methodology” section within the research article.
6. How many subjects involved in the study? Is the study large enough that we should pay a closer attention to the results/findings?
7. Why do you think they conducted the study?
8. Any conflict of interest statement released in the article or any potential conflict of interest that you see?
9. Summarize what you learned from reading this article. Limit your answers to 50-100 words for this question.
10. How the information you read might be helpful to you or someone else you know? Limit your answers to 50-100 words for this question.
PART 2 OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Go online to search an original peer-reviewed scientific journal article that is similar to the one you chose to review (one of the four articles above listed) in Part 1 of this assignment.
For example: If you read “Long-Term Effects of 4 Popular Diets on Weight Loss and Cardiovascular Risk Factors”. When you are ready to search a similar article, use key words such as diets, weight loss, cardiovascular.
If you are have trouble finding one, I highly recommend you to visit a librarian- great resource for this assignment!
Write up a summary after you read the second article. Complete the following items in your summary:
Compare the two articles, discuss 2 things in common between the articles and 2 things that are different from each other. ( 10 points)
Describe how you found/search the article for this assignment. (5 points)
Explain the experience and value of doing this assignment. How this experience might help you? (15 points)