“Would restructuring a formerly State-Owned Enterprise (SOE), increase the performance of such firm after the Privatization?”
The Essay must be minimally 1350 words and maximally 1600 words for the main text (i.e., introduction, body and conclusion, this is excluding table of contents, abstract, references, and any appendices).
Brief Guidelines: (Detailed Guidelines mentioned in the file attached in Additional Materials section)
(1) Give the essay an informative title.
(2) Include a short abstract (summary of no more than 200 words).
(3) Use at least 8 different academic articles.
(4) You can make use of practical cases to illustrate a point, but you do not have to.
(5) Use for all parts 1.5 line spacing, 1-inch margins, and Times New Roman font size 12.
I would like to draw the writer’s attention to the following issue as well:
Please remember that the Essay is for the course “Corporate Governance and Financial Stakeholders”. Thus, in the essay, do not only review empirical evidence regarding the problem statement but the writer must also explore the underlying agency relationships between the different (financial) stakeholders and their governance problems in depth.
In general, the following questions are relevant: What agency problems exist among the different stakeholders or vis-a-vis managers? What governance tools exist to solve these problems? Do some stakeholders have better governance tools at their disposal than other stakeholders?
The exact nature of these questions depends – of course – on the specific problem statement provided above in the beginning.