Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
GET A 40% DISCOUNT ON YOU FIRST ORDER
Writing a Business report of maximum 2500 words.
Topic: Operation and Process Management of McDonald’s
• Note: It may be necessary to select a specific part of the organisation’s operations for analysis where the organisation has a diverse portfolio of activities. This selection may be by geographical region or may be based on a specific and discrete part of the operation. For example, in the Food and Drink category, you may choose to select the firm’s operations in UK, USA or any other country; In the Transport category, you may analyse the operation as a whole, or you may choose to select for ground handling operations, catering services or maintenance. However, in this case, what is important is that you set your analysis in the context of the organisation’s wider operations.
OPERATIONS AND PROCESS MANAGEMENT
- Writing a report of maximum 2500 words
- Your report must analyse and evaluate the operations and process management of an organisation, or processes of a business unit/division, and draw conclusions over the extent to which its operational capability supports its corporate strategy and provides competitive advantage.
Food and drink
- Note: It may be necessary to select a specific part of the organisation’s operations for analysis where the organisation has a diverse portfolio of activities. This selection may be by geographical region or may be based on a specific and discrete part of the operation. For example, in the Food and Drink category, you may choose to select the firm’s operations in UK, USA or any other country; In the Transport category, you may analyse the operation as a whole, or you may choose to select for ground handling operations, catering services or maintenance. However, in this case, what is important is that you set your analysis in the context of the organisation’s wider operations.
THE CONTENT OF THE ASSIGNMENT
You are required to demonstrate your learning from the course material and your own research by analysing and evaluating the operations management of your chosen organisation (or business unit/division) in a report containing the following sections.
- A brief introduction to the organisation, including an overview of the environment in which it operates and the pressures that its sector faces. This will give the reader sufficient context to make sense of the report (maximum 1 page).
- An analysis of the operations of the selected organisation – this might consider (as appropriate to the organisation) such as – the nature of the transformation process, the impact of the ‘4Vs’ (Volume, Variety, Variation in Demand, Visibility), performance objectives and current performance (Cost, Speed, Quality, Dependability and Flexibility), the types of operating process, the service concept (what the operations systems are designed to deliver), location and layout, capacity management, the scheduling and control of resources, supply chain management, quality assurance or the application of TQM (Total Quality Management) principles, the use of human resources within the operations function, the use of information technology to support the operations, the application of ‘lean’ or ‘agile’ principles.
This section is likely to represent the largest part of the Report.
- The identification of the major strengths and weaknesses of the operation – achieved performance against required performance. From your analysis, you should also consider the extent to which the operations functions support the broader business strategy of the organisation, and the extent to which the organisation’s operations capability is used to create competitive advantage.
- Since each organisation is different, we cannot tell you the relative weight that you should put on each of the elements or the specific operations management concepts and models that you should use.
- A certain amount of data collection will be required. You should only use secondary material (i.e. that available in the public domain) in your report. You must not attempt to carry out any primary research on the organisation. For each part of the task, try to provide real evidence – this will allow you to be specific on the challenges facing the organisation.
- You should make appropriate reference to the theoretical concepts and techniques covered in the Module to support your evaluation. Try to maintain a balance between theory and practice. You must include a reference list of sources used. Charts, diagrams and other supporting material might well be given as appendices to the report. These should be properly referenced in the text.
- The assignment must be structured and presented as a formal business report.
- Do not make excessive use of abbreviations or acronyms. Although they may be understood within an organisation, they are not acceptable when work is prepared for general wider readership.
- Reports must be presented in the formats specified in the Programme Regulations.
- You do not need to include an Executive Summary.
- The report must contain a reference list. All sources cited must be referenced in the report. The Harvard referencing system must be used.
- We expect reports to be professionally presented. You should ask yourselves whether you would be happy to present your report to the directors of the organisation.
- Does the assignment report answer the question (i.e. meets the task requirements shown above)?
- Is the knowledge up-to-date, from sources from a wide range of literature, and well integrated?
- Are the student’s arguments clear and well supported, and illustrated with theory and/or practice (i.e. suitable examples from the selected organisation)?
- Does the work show evidence of critical analysis and synthesis with good practice?
- Is the work well presented and structured, with appropriate acknowledgement of sources?