Operations management plan (50 Marks)- 2000 words
Due date 10th November, 2020
Useful textbook : Operations and process management: Principles and practice for strategic impact by Slack, N. & Brandon-Jones, A. (2018).(5th ed.)
You are required to analyse operations process in a company(Select a popular company) you are familiar with and develop a plan with solutions required to make improvements.
The operations plan must cover the following:
1. An introduction to the organisation/company or supply chain
2. 2. Description of the selected process
3. 3. Analysis of the process using relevant concepts to identify shortcomings
4. Evaluation of the possible strategies for addressing the shortcomings
5. Recommendations of the most suitable strategies
6. Resource requirements for implementing the proposed strategies
7. Implementation plan for the proposed strategies
The purpose of this assessment is to allow students take on a management perspective to analyse an organisational process and develop an operations management plan with the aim of improving the situation.
Criterion 1 – Description of the organisation/ supply chain/ process – (5/50)
Criterion 2 – Understanding of operations management concepts – (10/50) Criterion 3 – Analysis of the selected process – (10/50)
Criterion 4 – Recommendations and implementation plan – (20/50) Criterion 5 – References and structure – (5/50) Very Important Notes!
Writing must be readable with correct English Language and grammar (coherent and logical)
You must use Harvard referencing style for in-text citations and reference list(English reference only)
Turning plagiarism check (Must not be less than 8 0r 10% and must not exceed 18 %)