FP650 Final Exam
Answer each of the following questions in your own words. You are allowed to use your book, but you are not allowed to collaborate with your classmates. Each question has equal value, although some answers will need to be longer than others to fully address the answer.
1. Inside the main doors of CIA headquarters is an inscription from John VIII-XXXII: “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” Based on what you learned in this class, what are your thoughts on whether intelligence uncovers the truth, and whether that information translates to freedom.
2. Discuss the struggle between liberty and security in your own words.
3. Which 2-3 historical events do you think were most critical in shaping current US intelligence policy? Explain your answer.
4. What do you perceive as the top 3 intelligence priorities the US is currently facing? Why?
5. What are some general ethical questions inherent to intelligence?
6. How is each INT collected and what are the advantages and disadvantages of the different INTs?
7. What is the importance of “value added” in analysis?
8. What is counterintelligence and what does it entail?
9. Why do we use covert action?
10. What is the NIPF?
11. Who are the clients/customers in intelligence?
12. Broadly discuss the organizational structure of the intelligence community.
13. What is Executive Order 12333 and how does it relate to the intelligence community?
14. What is Five Eyes?
15. If you were going to work in the intelligence community, which agency would you want to work for and which aspect of intelligence would you want to do (collection, analysis, etc.)? Explain your answer.
FP650 Final Exam